Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer has pushed deeper into Web3 with the introduction of a new feature that would allow users to display their non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the face of their smartwatch.
The new functionality will be added to the Tag Heuer Connected Calibre E4 smartwatch, with current owners being able to add support for the feature with a free update via Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store, the company said in a blog post.
“Verified NFTs are displayed in a hexagon with a cloud of particles gravitating around the image. Some NFTs are still images, and some are animated GIFs. TAG Heuer’s watch face will support these formats in crisp detail, with animations looping infinitely,” the watchmaker said.
The company added that a user can transfer multiple NFTs to their watch via a paired smartphone, and can choose from the three available designs to showcase their digital assets. They can also resize the images to make sure they fit on the smartwatch’s round screen.
Users will also have the option to connect to wallets and display the NFTs that are stored on browser wallets like MetaMask or Ledger Live.
Notably, the watchmaker has partnered with key community members of popular NFT projects, including Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and CLONE-X.
Meanwhile, this is not TAG Heuer’s first dive into the cryptoworld. In mid-May, the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH)-owned watchmaker announced their partnership with crypto payments provider BitPay. They started accepting 12 different cryptoassets as payment options, including bitcoin (BTC), bitcoin cash (BCH), dogecoin (DOGE), ethereum (ETH), litecoin (LTC), shiba inu (SHIB), as well as several US dollar-pegged stablecoins.
– NFT Market Sees Mixed Results: Floor Prices Fall in 24H, Overall Sales Increase in a Week
– Renowned Luxury Brand Gucci to Accept Bitcoin, Ethereum Payments in the US
– Milan Fashion Meets Crypto in Fendi-Ledger Collaboration
– Vogue Brings NFTs To Fashion Magazines World
– ‘Anything is Possible in Metaverse’: Decentraland’s Fashion Week Attracts 60+ Designers, Brands & Artists
– Tokens.com Buys USD 2.8M Worth of Virtual Land in Upcoming Fashion District
Read the full article here