Heather Morgan, who was charged over laundering USD 4.5bn worth of bitcoin (BTC) stolen from the Bitfinex crypto exchange, won court approval to seek a new job while her case proceeds.
According to a Bloomberg report, a US judge has approved Morgan’s request to modify the conditions of her pre-trial release so that she “may engage in legitimate employment and receive income of greater than [USD] 10,000 per month.”
Morgan, who also calls herself the ‘Crocodile of Wall Street’ and goes by the rapper name Razzlekhan, was accused of conspiring with her husband Ilya Lichtenstein to launder USD 4.5bn worth of bitcoin stolen from the infamous Bitfinex hack.
As reported, the self-proclaimed “serial entrepreneur” duo, arrested in early February, was initially granted bail by a New York judge, a decision that was later overruled by a Washington judge. However, in mid-February, a judge in Washington released Morgan from detention on bail while denying bail to her husband.
At the time, the judge reportedly said the motivation for both to flee “has increased exponentially,” adding that “the evidence strongly suggests that Mr. Lichtenstein has more facility and skill” than Morgan, who allegedly had no access to the stolen crypto since they were controlled by her husband.
– Bitfinex Hack: Meet the Self-Proclaimed ‘Serial Entrepreneur’ Couple Charged Over Laundering Bitcoin
– US Arrests Two Suspects in Bitfinex Bitcoin Hack, Seizes USD 3.6B in BTC; LEO Skyrockets
– Here’s What Agents Say They Photographed in ‘Bitfinex Hack’ Couple’s Apartment
– Bitfinex Hack: Ilya Lichtenstein Remains in Federal Custody, Heather Morgan Released on Bail
– Bitfinex Steps up Hunt For Its Hackers, Promises USD 400m In Rewards
– USD 36m in Stolen Bitfinex Bitcoin Moved
Read the full article here